Saturday, September 13, 2008

Help with the ARTICLES acrostic poem assignment


I had a student e-mail me who needed a little help and inspiration for the acrostic. Here's my response. Perhaps it will help you as well!

So you are going to write the letters in the word "Articles" down the page in your INB, like this:

A
R
T
I
C
L
E
S

Then you think of a sentence or two that describes the Articles of Confederation. For example, if I were doing an acrostic poem for ice cream, it might look something like this:

In my mouth, all those flavors are yummy!
Cold is the temperature of ice cream.
Every flavor is great, but my favorite is strawberry

Chocolate is also a great flavor of ice cream
Rocky Road is great because it has almonds and marshmallows in it
Everyone loves a cold ice cream treat on a hot day
Actually, I'm thinking about getting some ice cream right now
Mmmmmmmm! Ice cream!

Hope that helps, and good luck with your homework!

RVI

No comments: