Saturday, December 1, 2007

NCSS Conference in San Diego

OK, well it's been a while since my last blog, but I've been inspired to start anew. I'm currently in San Diego at the National Council for the Social Studies national conference. I have never been so surrounded by people who not only love history, but love teaching history as well. It is very exciting!
Even more exciting is the opportunity to listen to some amazing speakers from around the nation, and hear about different teaching methods. I'm restarting my blog because my favorite presenter of the conference, Eric Langhorst, says he has great success using a blog for his students.

Besides getting all jazzed about using technology in my classroom was meeting one of my former history professors, Dr. Robert Dallek. He is an expert in 20th century American history, particularly the history of the modern Presidency. I went up to him after the presentation and got a photo with him--a real life history rock star! He has published several books on 20th century Presidents, has appeared on National Public Radio, on CNN, and even on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.You can see a clip of that here:

Well, kiddos, be prepared to have access to the Yukon history blog, and who knows? I might even start my own podcast if I get really ambitious!!

RVI

2 comments:

Marissa said...

hello, mr. ippolito, its marissa lowenberg, cool blog. im grounded
:(

Ron Ippolito said...

Sorry to hear you're grounded. Hope you're at least studying history while you're on lockdown. :-)