Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Youth of Andrew Jackson - December 4-5, 2007

Agenda:
1. Andrew Jackson video
2. Youth of Jackson reading and textbook pg. 212
3. Journal - Young Jackson (85)
4. Andrew Jackson PPT (86-88)
HW: Native American Removal in the Age of Jackson (89)

Andrew Jackson lived a hard life growing up. His experiences as a young man helped shape the type of adult that he would become. An orphan at 14, Jackson survived being a teenage prisoner during the Revolutionary War, and grew up to be a self-made man.

Today we learned about Jackson's upbringing and his early life. Next time, we'll learn more about Andrew Jackson, the President. Was Andrew Jackson a hero or a villain? This is the question you will answer . . . next time.

RVI

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi mr. ippilito!!!!!!!! u rock!

Anonymous said...

can't wait for the history benchmark!!! so exciting!!(sarcastic) o well your still cool mr. ippilito!!! you rock at teaching!!!

Ron Ippolito said...

Well, hey, thank you both for your enthusiasm. Fortunately for both of you, the spelling of your teacher's last name will not be a question on the benchmark. :-)

Your devoted teacher,
Mr. Ippolito

Anonymous said...

this makes writing cornell notes SO much easier!
thank you Mr. I!!

Ron Ippolito said...

I'm not sure who you are "just a random student," but it sounds like you are probably in AVID.

I'm happy I can help you out. If you can tell me specifically what is helpful to you, I'll continue to include it in my blog.

Cheers,
Mr. Ippolito

ViolentRose said...

Heyy My.Ippolito. Benchmarks comin' up huh? I'd better do good on those. I have a quick question, that'll also help you find out to whom i am, when does thee extra credit for the "name all the presidents" add into my grade?

Ron Ippolito said...

Hey ViolentRose,

I'm still trying to figure out who you are, as I have a few of my students who are asking about the "Name the Presidents" extra credit. I believe you are a B-Day student, since I explained this today to my A-Block classes. You'll be able to do it next week, either on the day of the benchmark (after everyone finishes the test) or the final block day of the quarter. Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Mr. Ippolito

ViolentRose said...

Hey Mr. Ippolito tomarrow for thee operation US students, do we leave while missing like, brunch or lunch?

Ron Ippolito said...

We'll miss brunch, but we'll have lunch back at school--Panda Express!

See you tomorrow,
Mr. Ippolito